Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012 - Training, Training, Training


Since my last post, I have been deep in training.  I have decided to change my training from my standard 6 week cycles to 3 week cycles.  By moving to these shorter cycles, I am hoping to increase my weekly mileage while maintaining quality runs.  My thought is the short breaks will allow me to recover and stay injury free.

With this model in mind, I dropped two 100+ mile weeks then followed that up with 126 miles.  Included in those miles are some speedwork and Long Trail Runs.  During that stretch my body held up really well, so for now that's what I am going to stick with it.

Over the next few weeks, I am looking at getting to the Canyon a couple times to hammer the climbs and work on beating up my legs a bit.  Really looking forward to those runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment