Friday, June 10, 2011

June 6, 2011 - Quick Look Back... and What's Next

After the GC Single Crossing, I have been doing a bit of reflecting.  Initially, I have to admit I was kind of disappointed with the outcome of the run.  I really expected to be at or under 3hrs.  I knew coming in that I was "under-trained", but I still had high-hopes.  As I started looking back at my training, it is pretty obvious why I fell short of my goal.. and to be honest, I should be happy that I ran as well as I did.

Looking 12 weeks back from the run... The first 6 weeks I was running 80 - 90 miles/ week with some solid runs.  The next 6weeks I was running about 25-30miles/week and did not have too many "solid" runs.. I had only one trip to the Canyon in the entire 12 weeks.

What to take from that??.... Well, I should be VERY happy with the effort and the time.. especially considering how far my training was off.

Enough of the past.. it was a solid run.. and most of all, it was fun.

Since the GC Single, I fought my way through an upper respiratory virus and stomach virus.  Neither of which were fun.. but now I am actually back to running consistently.  It's probably going to take me a few more days of running to feel solid again, but I'm happy to be healthy.

Ok.. Now the fun stuff.. What's next??.. I am signed up for the Chicago Marathon in October.  That race is going to be my true "focus race".. but after some deep thought.. and discussion, I have decided to make my way back to Colorado for the 2011 TransRockies.  My partner is going to be the local speedster.. Mike Smith.  He won the race in 2009 with Rob Krar (another Flagstaff fast dude)... so there is a bit of pressure to repeat that success... which should just make us train that much harder..

For the first time this year, I am SUPER STOKED about running.  TRR is an awesome event.. Chicago is going to be fun.. but I am most excited about Mike & I training together.. if everything goes as planned, we should be wicked fit by late August.  CAN'T WAIT!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment