Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011 - What's Next..??

During my recovery time from Chicago, my plan was to take a good number of days off.. then ease my way back into some relaxed running.. I started to do this last week and then I came down with the "cold that won't quit"..it's very mild, but it just won't go away.. It's forced me to take a few more days off / easy.. which probably isn't a bad thing... Also, during this time, I wanted to decide on.. "what's next". Over the past few weeks, I have batted around a few ideas... Do I chase the Qualifier in the Marathon... Take some time off.... Race an Ultra... Run a fast Rim to Rim to Rim.. ???..

Since I haven't run an organized Ultra since Jemez 50miler in May of 2009, (which was an eye-opening experience to say the least)... I decided that running an Ultra would be the most enjoyable thing for me to do next. After a little bit of searching around, I decided on the North Face 50mile Championships in San Francisco. The main reason I chose this race is that it is typically very competitive. The way I see it, if I am going to race, I want it to be as competitive as possible.

So once I get back to "healthy", the plan is long runs.. and more long runs mixed in with some tempos and fartleks. I am pretty excited about the race and I am REALLY looking forward to getting in some good, long trail runs..

No comments:

Post a Comment